Monday, May 10, 2010

Fake? Not fake? You mean that peacock?

"Did you see that parakeet?!"

John asked me this question as we were driving down the road yesterday from a BBQ. I had to laugh as if he was referring to the bird that I saw, a parakeet was far from what it was.

"Do you mean that peacock?!" I asked John as I was laughing as I knew in my head that it was some plastic bird that was sitting there on the front entrance to the church we just passed in Scarborough. He agreed with me that he said parakeet instead of peacock, but he insisted on that bird being real as he saw it's head turn. I had to laugh at him as I thought he was trying to pull my leg. Tyler asked him if he would swear on his life that the bird was real, and John told him that he would in fact swear on his life that this peacock was real. He even pulled over to turn around to show us all that he was right. I was smiling as I honestly thought this was one of his little jokes to get us all laughing.

This was no joke!

I had my camera in my hands when we pulled over and the minute I opened the door to step out that bird looked right at me. It took me a few seconds to wake up and tell myself to get a photo of the elegance that I was staring at. It was perched upon a railing to an entrance to a local church as if it lived there. So regal. So stunning.

By the time I got one photo however, it got irritated with me and the large black thing I was holding up to my face. He started to get off his perch to go back into the woods. Man, that bird can RUN! I tried to walk after it as calmly and swiftly as I could an an attempt of being allowed another photo opportunity or two. But, this bird doesn't like being a model apparently. He ran into the woods and then started yelling out, either for me to leave him alone, or to warn his other peacock friends, so I decided to leave him alone and I walked back to the truck.

"Nice fake bird huh?" John asks in an attempt to make a joke when I get back to the truck. I replied with a laugh and the eye roll. What a stinker John is. I shouldn't complain, I got an excellent shot of that bird thanks to him.



All Photos © 2010 Ren Michele Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment